(READ THE NOTES BEFORE YOU VOTE! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!)This is a battle of "12 Rounds to Die Hard for", but, there can only be one! There can. Only. Be. ONE! Cowboy or John McClane against Shaw or John Shaw. LET THEM FIGHT!
John McClane (Die Hard 1)
On Christmas Eve, McClane visits his wife at her workplace at the Nakatomi Plaza. Simultaneously, Hans Gruber initiates his plan to steal $640 million in bearer bonds and takes the Nakatomi Company employees, including Holly, hostage, posing as terrorists to draw attention away from the theft, their final plan being to blow up the building and make it appear as though they died with the hostages in the explosion. McClane escapes detection and manages to hide throughout the building, killing the terrorists one by one. When McClane meets the terrorist's leader, Hans Gruber, a climactic battle ensues and McClane throws Gruber out the window. (from John McClane page on Wikipedia)
I showcase all of John McClane's weapons that he used in Die Hard 1.
The Beretta 92 is a series of 9x19 Parabellum firing pistols developed by the Italian company, Beretta. Based around older Beretta pistols, the 92 was first produced in 1975. The pistol has been modified to accompany larger rounds like the .40 S&W and fire in three round bursts, featured in the Beretta 93R. Dozens of countries have adopted the pistol and have been used by their police departments and armies. The M9 was specifically designed for the United States military and is popularly used because of its light weight, low recoil, accuracy, and fast rate of fire. Its muzzle velocity is 381 m/s, weight is 970 grams, its effective range is 50m, and the feed system is 15 rounds.
Powers and Abilities
- Highly trained in Hand-to-Hand: Being a cop, he is trained in hand-to-hand combat and it's shown throughout the film by beating someone that is stronger than him.
- Highly trained in Firearms: Like the previous ability, he is a cop and being a cop means that he has been trained extremely well in the ways of a firearms. It is shown throughout the film.
- Iron Will: Plus an ability below, the man is like the enegizer bunny, he keeps going and going, the man will push himself past his limits to get to his objective.
- High Intelligence: He can create/improvise strategies in the heat of battle, and he can fool highly trained terrorists. During hand to hand fights, he is able to use his environment to his advantage.
- Peak Durability: As stated in the Iron Will ability, these two make a powerful combo. He can take hits that would KILL a normal man.
- Superior Stamina: He can take pain and dish it out. As seen, near the end of the film, he was beaten badly and still able to outrun a bomb that was going to go off.
He contacts Matthews (before there was a jammer but taken down when SWAT entered the building) asks for a way out. She tells him a spot and Shaw gets there. He then finds out Matthews is dirty too and but, is killed by Burke when he sees an oppurtunity to kill her. Burke then, points a gun at Shaw and tells him about what he's built while being a corrupt cop. While Burke is talking about that, Shaw records him and the SWAT bust through the door. Before they can arrest Shaw, he play the recording and shoots Burke in the knee before he (Shaw) can get shot himself.
I showcase all of Shaw's weapons.
Shaw uses this weapon extremely well. He kills 8 people carrying assault rifles to someone wielding a shotgun at close range. In this version, it has .40 Cal rounds and 12 rounds in the magazine. The weapon is recoil operated and has a magazine capacity of 7, 9 ,or 10 rounds. There is also a version which uses a double-stack magazine capable of holding 15, 16, 17, or 20 rounds. The pistol was designed to replace the ex-Swiss standard firearm, the SIG P210. Currently, the pistol family is being used by 18 different countries, in dozens of different military and law-enforcement departments. The weapons series has been in service since 1975. The muzzle velocity is 761 m/s, the weight is 964 g, as stated before: the feed system is 12 rounds, and the effective range is 50m.
Often, TASER. a brand name for a gunlike device that uses propelled wires or direct contact to electrically stun and incapacitate a person temporarily. Shaw uses this to taze a dead body to fire his gun and cause an explosion.
Riot shields are lightweight protection devices deployed by police and some military organizations. Riot shields are almost exclusively long enough to cover an average-sized man from the top of the head to the knees. Some riot shields are designed to be bullet resistant against low-velocity handgun and shotgun ammunition; however, most are not. They are generally intended to be used in riot control, to protect the user from shrapnel, thrown projectiles, and splash from various weapons such as a Molotov Cocktail. They can also be used as short-ranged melee weapons to push back rioters. The Riot Shield Shaw used in the film was strong enough to resist assault rifle, SMG, shotgun fire until one bullet got through and got stuck in his side.
Powers and Abilities
- Highly trained in Hand-to-Hand: Being a cop/detective, he has been trained extremely well in hand-to-hand and it shows. He kills the corrupt cops who recieved the same training, even when wounded.
- Highly trained in Firearms: Same thing with the ability above, he's a cop/detective and he was trained well. It's shown throughout the film and it's done amazingly. It's explained in the ability below.
- Great Marksmanship: How he is a great marksman is that, he is able to almost always land the kill shot even under pressure/fire. For example, he was being shot at by someone with a shotgun and on the second shot, he shot the guy in the head.
- Iron Will: Like his opponent, he was push through to his objective, no matter how hurt he was.
- Peak Durability: He was shot in the arm and the side, he was still able to kill his opponents.
- High Intelligence: He was able to outsmart his fellow cops, multiple times in fact. Also, improvise and use his environment to his advantage. Plus, he used his 12 rounds wisely throughout the whole film.
|John McClane||X-Factors||John Shaw|
- Intelligence: These two are very intelligent. They both can use their environment to the advantage and they both can improvise strategies. Why Shaw isn't as smart as McClane here is because he constantly forgets to get armor or pick up any weapons even when he had the time.
- Training: These are two have been trained extremely well and it'll definitely play into this fight. These two are on even footing here.
- Durability: These two have higher durabilitly than a normal human, yes but, they are both equal here because the amount punishment they take is pretty even.
- Mental State: This is a small thing but, Shaw has recovered from PTSD enough to get the all-clear to come back to work but still, that should still play a part on his sanity while McClane is sane all could be.
- Will: These two have an Iron Will, which means their will's on par with a Green Latern. They will not back down from a fight no matter how tough it seems to be.
(Note: This is not a vote because I feel that it's wrong to vote on your own battle) This is difficult and I cannot be biased here. The X-Factors play a big part but, I don't know where the location will be. The Superior Stamina will play a big part for McClane here and so will the Great Marksmanship for Shaw. The Riot Shield and HK 94 will counteract eachother and the taser? Ha! I bet that won't be used in this fight because well, they might want to kill each other instead. So, it'll come down to the pistols and I believe Shaw will win here. He's a great marksman throughout the film, just using that Sig but, let's say it comes to hand-to-hand. They both share the same training and I feel they are both equally good but, there's that Superior Stamina from McClane which he has and that could be the deciding factor there. This fight could either way; it's even.
- This fight will take place in a Police Building that has been locked down because that's how Shaw will get his riot shield. This will also be familiar to both guys because they have both in this building and know it in and out.
- The reason the two are fighting is because Shaw is still under investigation and McClane has been sent to take him in.
- All of the info that I don't know has been providede by this awesome wiki, Wikipedia, the Versus Wiki, and the IMFDb.
- Votes must have 5+ sentences with proper sentences, grammar, spelling and non-biased reasoning to count.
- Another way to vote is by having edges and categories with of course, proper sentences, grammer, spelling and non-biased reasoning to count (if you're going to do this and you're confused how then, put the weapons into one category and do the rest like it. Like, for example: Put the Powers and Abilities as one category.)
- If you don't have any of those things above, it will not count attall.
- Voting closes when I'm done with the battle sim and/or when I say voting is done.
The Battle between "12 Rounds to Die Hard"
- Shaw is driving in his yellow Mustang and he pulls up to the Police Station...
- He has been given time to recover from his experience with Burke and he has made a full recovery.
- He then, pulls into a parking space and stops the car. He turns the car off and takes the keys. Before he gets out though, he checks his side and then his arm. He breaths a sigh of relief when he notices that he feels no pain and gets out of the car. He takes a deep breath and walks towards the front door. He then opens it and walks inside.
- He checks in and heads up to his office. Once he is at the top, he heads through the door that's at the top of the steps. He sees that no one welcomes him at the precinct and it's just silence. No applause for taking down corrupt cops even though he possibly saved the station itself.
- Instead, everyone just looks at him; he hears some whispers but, some others give him a deadly glare.
- He continues walking towards his cubicle and he slightly looks around to see if people were still staring. They were and they continued to whisper as well.
- It all stops when he steps into the cubicle and sits down. Everything continues where people are talking and other people heading out on patrol.
- He lays back on his chair and sits up to work on things on his computer.
- A few minutes later...
- He hears a knock at the entranceway of his cubicle. He turns to see the new captain, waiting for him. It's a woman, who's blonde and has her hair up in a bun. She's wearing glasses and her cheekbones are more outward than any other woman. She has slim body and has a smile on her face.
- "Hello, I'm the new captain. The name's Justine Turner." She says and holds out her hand.
- Shaw looks at her suspiciously and shakes her hand.
- "Did you just get here or were you here for that whole time with all the staring and whispering stuff?" He asks the new captain.
- "Yeah, I've been here since about 2 days ago." Turner replies.
- "Huh." Shaw says as he looks away to ponder why she looks familiar.
- He looks up and asks her to stop; she does. She then, turns to look at him.
- "Do you know a 'Jenny Taylor'?" Shaw asks her.
- "No." Turner replies with a puzzeled look on her face.
- "Oh, it's just that you look like an officer who worked here." Shaw tells her.
- "Alright." She says as she turns around and begins to walk away. "One more thing." She says and she turns back around. "You're under investigation for what happened during that lockdown that happened." She tells him.
- Shaw's face reads: "Are you kidding me?" and he says "Are you kidding me?"
- He shakes his head and runs his hand through his hair.
- "Burke was dirty and his buddies were just as corrupt." Shaw lets her know.
- "Well, I'm sorry but later, you're going to have to come to the interrogation room later." Justine tells him and she walks off.
- Shaw falls back and as soon as he makes contact with the seat, he slumps down in the chair which, causes the chair to angle downward. He swivels around in his chair thinking about what to do next. He then sits up, and begins to type on his computer again.
- “It's time.” she tells Shaw and he responds with a nod.
- A bit of time passes by...
Turner comes back and knocks on the entraceway to the cubicle.
He looks back at his computer and takes a deep breath. He gets up and begins to follow the captain but slips around the corner when she is out of sight.
- He begins making his way to the camera surveillance room. Once he gets there, he knocks on the door and the officer on duty opens the door.“Yes?” The officer asks with his head sticking out the door.
“The new captain-” Shaw pauses then asks: “you know her right?”
- “Captain Turner? Yeah, I know her.” He tells him. “Not personally but, I know her.” The officer then says a couple seconds later.
“Good.” Shaw responds. “I just wanted to ask you that to let you know that your shift is over and I'm here to take your spot.” Shaw gestures to the chair.
“Aren’t you a detective?” The officer questions.
“Yeah well, I asked Turner to be on security cam duty and she told me that I could.” Shaw says to him. “Besides your shift is coming to an end.” He also says a couple of seconds later.
- “You're right.” The officer says before gets up and out of his chair. “My shift is coming to an end and have a good night.” He says before he heads out the door and heads home.
- Shaw waits until the officer leaves the room and is at the end of the hallway. He then sits in the chair and opens the console command on one of the computer screens which show all of the security cams. He types in the command that will start the lock down but doesn't press the ‘Enter’ key to actually start the lock down itself. He gets out of the chair and walks up to the fire alarm that is near the doorway. He is about to pull it but stops and thinks about it. He takes a deep breath and pulls it.
“Here we go again.” He sighs.
- As the fire alarm is going off, an overweight balding black man is eating donuts….
- He looks up at the fire alarm and sighs.
- “Not again.” He says and he gets up out of his chair.
- As the fire alarm is going off, an overweight balding black man is eating donuts….
Back to Shaw...
- He looks at every screen (excluding the one that has the lockdown command on it) to see when everyone has left the building. Once everyone has left the building, he presses the ‘Enter’ key to start the lockdown.
- An hour passes and during that time, he has grabbed the evidence for the investigation and he has turned off all of the power.
While he is reading the report about an interrogation between some detectives and Burke, his eyes widen and his face changes from shock to anger when he finds some false information in the report provided by Burke.
“Burke!” Shaw says angrily.
- Meanwhile outside the station, there a 33 year old man with spiked up brown hair, smoking a cigar, in a white tank top and on outside of that tank top, is a dark green trench coat. He is also in baggy blue jeans wearing some black boots.
He takes the cigar out of his mouth and blows outward to let smoke. He looks at the cigar and throws it on the ground. He then stomps on it and digs into the ground to make sure the cigar stays out.
- “I prefer cigarettes.” The man thinks while stomping it out.
- “You're John McClane, right?” Captain Turner comes up to him and asks.
- “You're d*mn right, I'm John McClane.” McClane replies and he quickly then asks: “What's the situation?”
- “Detective John Shaw has the building on lock down and he’s there with the evidence. Most likely trying to get rid of the evidence that points to him shooting all of those cops.” Turner informs him.
- “What weapons does this guy have on him?” McClane asks her.
- “As far as we know, what he has on him is his SIG Sauer P226 with .40 Calibur rounds and a taser but in this building, it's-” Turner is cut off by McClane before she could finish.
- “It's got a multitude of weapons like assault rifles, submachine guns, and shotties right?” He asks.
- “Right.” She answers. “How'd you know?” Turner asks.
- “1. I've been here before.” McClane answers her question.
- “Really? You've been here before?” Turner asks him.
- “No sh*t, Sherlock. I was stationed here before and I know it in out. I was switched to New York during my time here. I was that good and I still am.” He says confidently. “2. The station I currently work at has the same armament as this place." He informs her.
- "You ready to head in?" Turner asks him while having her hand on the power button.
- "Give me a minute." He tells her and he walks over to his car.
- He presses the unlock button and walks over to the trunk. He presses the button to open the trunk and he lifts it up.
- He looks down at his HK 94 and he picks it up. He then sets it against the bottom of the car with the stock pointed at the ground and the HK itself on safety. After that, he grabs his Beretta and cocks it. He then puts the pistol in the holster on his right side. He also sees that there's a packs of cigarettes there. He looks at it and picks it up. He hits the back and a cigarette pops up. He grabs it and puts it in his mouth. There is a lighter in his left pocket; he takes it out, flips the top off, and lights the cigarette with it. He looks down and picks up the HK. He begins walking back over to Captain Turner, who still has has her hand over the power button. He walks back over and looks down as his HK. He grabs it with both hands and cocks with one.
- He looks back up at Turner and says: "Ready."
- She turns the power on and opens the door.
- Right after she does that, Turner slightly rolls her eyes and says: "Okay cowboy."
- McClane enters through the door when she turns the power on but, backs up when he hears her remark.
- "What did you say?" McClane asks her.
- "Nothing." Turner replies.
- "Okay." McClane shrugs and heads back into the building. He smiles and whispers: "Yippee ki-yay motherf*cker."
- Turner then closes the door behind him and locks him in it. She also turns off the power. She then takes out her phone and calls McClane on it.
- McClane hears his phone ringing and looks down at the phone which is in his right pocket. He takes it out and answers it.
- "This door will remain locked unless you bring Shaw back alive or he attacks you, you have permission take him down." Turner informs him.
- "Got it. Expect the job done." He assures her.
- He raises his gun up and begins checking his corners for Shaw.
- "This is like taking a trip down memory lane- kinda." He thinks to himself as he looks around.
- He turns right and enters a corridor. When he heads farther down, he sees that there are pictures on each side of the corridor. He starts noticing that they're either people who left the station or died in the field. He knows that because he sees his picture on the wall and a friend of his (who died in the field) is also there. But when he saw his photo, he walked over to it and unhooked it from the wall. He looked at his young self and smiled.
- "Look at this handsome b*stard." He chuckles.
- Then the intercom blared and John quickly put the photo back on the wall. He then pointed the gun at the intercom and waited for what Shaw had to say.
- "You enjoying your time down memory lane?" Shaw asks.
- "Yes actually." McClane replies with a smile.
- Shaw sighs and says: "Look, whatever Turner told you, it's not true. I didn't kill any cops."
- "There are fingerprints and bullet casings match you and your gun."
- "Well, they weren't innocent cops."
- "So f**king what?"
- "They were assisting someone who was trafficking illegal drugs."
- "Well, it doesn't seem that way to the other cops and maybe if you didn't locking this godd*mn building down, you could've explained that to the cops, dumb*ss!"
- After hearing that, he scoffs at the remark and gets up from his chair.
- He takes out his SIG and cocks it. He then, places it back in it's holster.
- He then sees that there's a taser on the desk. He walks up to it and grabs it. He then puts behind him and begins walking out of the room. He exits the room and begins walking down the hallway.
- He stops to think for a moment.
- "I don't want to kill this guy at all." He thinks to himself.
- He takes out the taser from where it was tucked into his pants and he points it right in front of him. He continues to walk down the hallway and turns right. He wants to make his way to where this guy is.
- But when he turns to his right, he sees McClane looking at some photograph. He quickly moves back into the corner that he turned from. He sticks his head out and sees that there's a doorway with stairs leading down to where McClane previously was. He brings his back and takes a deep breath; he raises his gun and gets out of cover. He points it at McClane and fires.
- A couple seconds earlier...
- McClane sees something in the corner of his eye and notices it that it's a guy with a gun. He barely moves out of the way in time. He doesn't hear a gunshot but an eletrical charge. He then sees strings that are stuck to the wall.
- "Really? A taser?" He looks over at Shaw with a face that says "Really?"
- "What? I don't want to kill you." Shaw replies.
- "Thanks, a--hole." McClane replies with a cross look on his face.
- McClane looks down at his gun and looks back up at Shaw with a very quick look of him remembering something then to anger.
- As soon as that happens, a look surprise expresses across Shaw's and he slips back into cover as quick as he could because he knows what's going to happen next.
- McClane begins to open fire upon Shaw position and continues to open fire until the magazine runs out.
- While that was Shaw's opponent was oppening fire, he looks over at his side and sees a door. He opens it and sees a riot shield. He grabs it and waits for McClane to run out of bullets; he concindentally does.
- Once McClane does run out of bullets, he presses a button and the magazine drops; and then it hits the floor with a clak! He puts another one in and cocks the gun. He begins walking towards Shaw but stops and look of confusion spreads across his face. He then cocks his head to the side.
- Then right out of the corner that Shaw was using as cover, a riot shield pops out and starts making its way towards McClane.
- "Ah, sh*t." He says with a tone as if he was saying "C'mon!" and he begins opening fire at the shield.
- He keeps firing until there's nothing to shoot and it makes a clicking sound to let him know that it's out of ammo. He looks at it and turns it sideways. He looks back up and sees that Shaw has dropped the shield. When he does, he launches himself and tackles McClane. From the impact of the tackle cause McClane lose his grip over the HK. Which takes them through the entrance of the stairway, which gives Shaw to get onto a dominant position. He positions himself up and begins wailing on McClane. What McClane knows to do is to block as best as he could.
- Shaw then uses his right elbow and bashes it against his opponent's temple.
- Then like a light, something clicks in McClane. When Shaw tries to punch him, he traps the arm and flips him over onto his back; now it's McClane's turn. It's his turn to wail on Shaw. McClane throws a left then a right then another left then, another right. All Shaw can do now is block; at least that's McClane thinks. Shaw waits for an opening to kick the guy off, and it happens. He looks to hit an elbow and this time, Shaw quickly wiggles his legs out and pushes McClane with them. It successfully works and he is off of Shaw. He gets on one knee and takes a breather. He looks backs up and sees that McClane has launched himself back at him.
- "Ah sh*t." He says before they both roughly fall down the stairs together.
- When they reach the bottom of it, they both hit the ground, hard. They both groan, Shaw before McClane.
- "Why'd you do that?" Shaw asks with a groans.
- "I'm a dumb*ss, that's why." McClane replies with a groan also.
- "Oh, okay." Shaw slightly groans.
- McClane slowly begins to get up and Shaw slowly begins to do the same. Once they both get to one knee, they get the same idea and draw their pistols. They look at each other and they keep pointing their guns at one another. They keep doing this even when they get on their feet.
- "Same idea, huh?" McClane chuckles.
- "Yeah, I guess." Shaw replies.
- They continue this stare down in silence until McClane says: "So I was thinking, why don't we-" He stops himself and opens fire on Shaw; and he fires back.
- While they are shooting at one another, McClane is moving backwards and Shaw is also moving backwards. But unlike McClane, who is moving completely backwards, he (Shaw) is moving in a diagonal direction. Shaw stops firing after four bullets have left the chamber. McClane keeps firing until he falls over a piece of cover. He quickly recovers and hides behind the crate-like cover.
- Shaw hides behind a pillar and asks: "How many rounds do you have left?"
- McClane looks at his pistol and releases the magazine.
- He sighs and says: "6." He then asks: "How many do you have left?"
- "8. You gotta count your-" Shaw stops talking and fires a round off at McClane's cover to lure him out of cover.
- He (McClane) flinches once the round hits the piece of cover he's hiding behind.
- "Rounds" Shaw finishes.
- "Oh, shut the f**k up!" McClane angrly says and fires two rounds towards Shaw.
- All they hit is cover, and Shaw immediately responds with two rounds of his own. It has the same result; it lands in a piece of his opponent's cover.
- "This is going nowhere." Shaw thinks to himself and brings himself out of cover.
- It looks like his opponent has thought the same thing. He sees McClane's head is sticking out with his pistol right at him and they open fire on each other. Both miss and they both get back into cover. And as soon as they do that, Shaw shoots again, he holds his breath and he hopes to get McClane but all it hits is cover. He breaths out when he hears that it didn't land.
- He looks over at his right and asks: "How many rounds do have left?"
- "2. How many do you have left?" He asks and smiles because he knows what the answer is.
- "2." Shaw sighs.
- Shaw looks down at his SIG and gets an idea. He decides to move up but when he begins moving, he sees that McClane is out of cover as well with his head out of cover. He stops and opens fires; McClane opens fire as well.
- As if time was slowing down, two of the four bullets fired from both sides collided, or well, touched and caused one of McClane's bullets to miss and one of Shaw's bullets grazes McClane's right cheek. But the other two bullets, one lands in Shaw's side and the other in McClane's left shoulder.
- They both go back into their pieces of cover. They both hold the injured parts of their bodies and throw away their pistols.
- "You can just end all of this bullsh*t right now and come with me now." McClane tells Shaw.
- "I have to prove that I'm innocent first." Shaw replies while still clutching his side.
- "By the way you're acting, you don't seem innocent to me!" McClane replies holding onto his injury as well.
- There's an silence in the room as both warriors try their best to stop the bleeding. But then, Shaw gets an idea. He gets up and starts running towards the exit in the room.
- McClane hears him running and he quickly gets on his feet. He then, chases after Shaw.
- Shaw stops at the door and tries to open it but before he could, McClane's arms wrap around his neck and starts to pull downward. He starts pushing backward, full force and he knocks McClane into pole which causes him to lose his grip. He elbows him (McClane) in the gut and pushes him away. He then grabs grabs him by the straps of the tank tops and starts punching him as hard as he could. Right after right after right. He stops punching McClane when he looks like he doesn't even know where he's at.
- McClane's vision is blurred and to Shaw, he keeps looking around in a circle. Shaw then grabs hims by the straps and sets him on the door. Shaw then turns around and runs over to where he needs to be to get a running start. He's about 20 yds (18.28 meters) away from the door and he begins running towards McClane.
- McClane's vision clears up and he shakes his head. He looks up to see Shaw running at him but then, Shaw jumps and throws his feet in front of him.
- "Ah sh-" McClane was going to say before he kicked right in the chest.
- And when he is kicked in the chest, the force causes the door to be knocked off its hinges and the falls down to the floor with the door. Of course with that kick, McClane is almost knocked out and Shaw is on his back with the wind knocked out of him, on the ground. Shaw gets his breath back and sits up. He then gets on his feet and walks over to McClane's stunned body.
- He looks around the room and sees that it's the precinct with cubicles everywhere.
- He looks down and sees that he is over McClane's body.
- He gets on top of him and starts punching him again and again. Left, left, left. But after the third left, McClane pushes the next left and punches Shaw right in the gut; then uppercuts him right in the jaw and pushes him right off. McClane then throws a left and then a right. They both land and when Shaw tries to counter with a right, he is countered by McClane by dodging the punch and immediately hits Shaw with a punch. This stuns him and he moves back but McClanes moves up to get closer to him. McClane hits him with his knee, in the gut and uppecuts him again. Then he hit Shaw with a hard punch to the gut and knees him in the face once he is bent over. Then, an elbow hits Shaw's temple and he knocked over to a cubicle. McClane then, grabs his head and slams it against the cubicle wall, almost breaking it.
- Shaw then hangs on the wall for a couple seconds and then slowly slides down to the ground. While his face was sliding down on the wall of the cubicle, his left hand was above his head and it was sliding down as well. When he made it to the ground, McClane bent over to look at his face and saw that there was a red rectangular outline around his eyes in from the impact.
- He also sees that he (Shaw) seems to be unconscious. He then turns around to get his beretta but he hears something behind him and he feels something turn him around.
- It's Shaw and he hits a right jab then slap to the chest, another jab, another slap. He repeats this another two times and then a hard two elbows to the face which knocks McClane off his feet and onto his butt. Shaw then boots him hard in the face. Shaw walks over to his head and grabs it. He then picks him up that way but it's stopped when McClane swats away both hands and hit him with a right that knocks him back. McClane turns around to catch his breath. The punch knocks Shaw back hard enough that he gains some momentum to swing around the pole and hit McClane with his whole arm. He once again walks over to the head of his opponent and picks him up that way. This time, he grabs his head and tucks it underneath one of his arms. He then hooks both arms and picks up his leg then moves it backwards.
- McClane begins wiggling his arms to get free and then, he turns himself to knee Shaw in the gut and her knees him again. That time was enough to release him from his grip. McClane then punches him and this causes to him to turn around to run or well, quickly walk. McClane of course follows him; and when he decided to turn around to look where he (McClane) is, he's right behind and he punches him. This causes him to look foward and continue his pace.
- As he is moving foward, he stops and kicks McClane right in the gut. He looks over and sees a wireless keyboard; he grabs it (the keys facing him) and smacks him in the face with it as hard he could. Some keys fly out because he hit so hard. He hits him again and sees that he's on one knee after that hit. He flips the keyboard around, so the keys are facing his opponent and he hits him once again. As the keyboard leaves his face from the impact that time, some keys just stick to his face or they just fall to the floor. After that hit, he falls face down onto the floor. Shaw then flips it over again and smacks him in the back with it, finally breaking the keyboard. He looks at the broken keyboard (which is in half) and throws it away.
- He then scans the room for something else to use. He looks to the right, concindentally in the same cubicle he found the keyboard, he sees scissors. He then grabs it and walks back over to the body of McClane.
- "Sorry to do this pal. But I have to prove I'm innocent." He says in atonement and raises the scissors.
- McClane flips himself around and stops him before they could pierce any skin. The scissors are just inches away from the spot between his eyes and nose and he holds Shaw back with his hands grabbing ahold of his (Shaw's) wrists. He just keeps holding him there and he knows that one slip could kill him. He starts pushing against Shaw and as that starts to happen, he knees him in the gut again, and he does it again. This puts his opponent in a moment of weakness and again, he starts pushing against him. This time, it's succeeding; he just keeps pushing and pushing and it's working just enough to have the two standing up. He hits another knee in the gut and this gives him a chance to turn the tablesin his favor. Shaw's grip on the scissors weakens and McClane flips the scissors around in his favor.
- Now it's Shaw's turn to keep the scissors away from his face, which the scissors are about a foot away and this time, he knees McClane in the gut. But it's met with responce with a knee of his own after the knee from Shaw lands. It weakens him again due to the attacks that has been focused in hurting that stomach and the shot in the side is also a factor. The scissors are even closer now and he looks all around as he starts noticing that the blade is getting closer. His arms are shaking from trying to hold McClane back and in a last ditched attempt, he uses his knee and hits him as hard as he can in the gut. It works but at a cost, when he hits him, he lets go of McClane's and it cuts his left cheek.
- Shaw yells with his teeth gritted and puts his hand up to his cheek. He looks at sees blood on his hand and look of anger spreads across his face. He then runs over to McClane and launches a flurry of punches; enough to beat him down to one knee. He then picks him up by back of the neck and drags him across the room. He walks over to a door and turns to the right. He then throws him against the wall and picks him up again. He finally drags him all the way to the parking lot. He throws him on the ground and looks over to see a wooden 2x4. He grabs and smashes it on the head of McClane. The 2x4 cracks from the impact and he falls down to the ground.
- Shaw throws the board down andputs his hands on his knees; thinking he's finally beaten him. He then, he hears some type of scratching on the floor, and sees that McClane is getting back up. As he is getting up, blood is dripping from his face and when he shows his face to Shaw, it looks as if he was wearing a crimson mask from all the blood is pouring from his head. He then grabs the 2x4 and gets ready to hit him again with it. McClane looks up at him in a kneeling position and breathes heavily.
- "Why won't you just die?" Shaw pants.
- "One of us is going to die and it ain't gonna be me, you motherf*cker!" He pants and spits out the blood that drips in his mouth.
- "You piece of sh*t!" Shaw angrily replies and is about to hit McClane with the 2x4 but, he quickly gets up and uses his shoulder to push Shaw into the wall.
- Then McClane punches him twice before getting kicked in the gut again and Shaw throws in another punch for good measure. McClane walks backwards and he (Shaw) looks to punch him again but he is stopped when his enemy uses his shoulder to direct him into another wall and he punches him twice again before he misses by punching the wall instead of hitting his opponent.
- Shaw hits him with a good right, and then another and after he uses elbow. Which knocks McClane to the side and into the wall. Shaw then goes up to him and starts smashing his head against the wall a good 4 times before getting stopped by McClane. He gets hit in the gut and with another punch, he lets go of his head and is thrown back onto the wall. This time, he launches a flurry of lefts and he just keeps beating him down to the ground. He kicks him in the chest once he's on the ground and then stomps his head in, finally killing Shaw.
- He backs up and he tries to keep standing up but, falls to the ground as if he was drunk. He then, lays on the ground trying to catch his breath. After a while, he sits back up and calls Captain Turner.
- "Is the job done?" She asks him.
- "Yeah, he's dead." He replies tiredly.
- "It's sad that you couldn't bring him in alive but, he was unstable." Turner informs him.
- "He was so determined to prove that he was innocent that he was willing to die for it." He tells her.
- "Yep and we won't see a cop like him for a while." She sighs.
- "You know... maybe the guy isn't full of sh*t. Maybe... he was innocent."
- "What do you mean?"
- "He was willing to die for it."
- "That may be true but, you're done here. Nothing more." She tells him and hangs up.
- He puts his phone back in his pocket and looks at Shaw's dead body. He looks back at the exit and he struggles to get up. He then walks out of the station on wobbly legs, moving all around the place. He gets in his car and leaves the station.
Shaw was a very tough opponent for McClane as he was great marksman and matched with him in abilities but, his intelligence and loadout is what caused him the loss here. McClane has more offensive capabilites and in Shaw's own film, he forgot to pick up weapons and ammo for his gun. Body armor as well. Shaw has lost this fight.